Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Halo 4 (Xbox 360)

(First written back in March)
As a Halo fan since the very beginning I was puzzled that I didn't pick up Halo 4 (at least to rent) as soon as it came out, maybe I was too distracted by the million of indie games out there, maybe I was growing out of shooters, maybe I......wait....maybe this game just sucks.

I rented it for the weekend, and I didn't finish the campaign, found the story rather bland -  the music wasn't really good, the build-up to the return of Master Chief wasn't epic and I found myself constantly curling up my nose at the graphics. I even stopped playing once to check online if there was some 4GB+ texture pack, like with Battlefield 3, that I needed to install before playing and found out later a friend of mine had done the same because there were some really hideous textures.

After the weekend I promptly brought the game back and haven't thought of going back since. I guess Halo: Reach really was the end of Halo for me. Which is sad, but also nice to have some closure. If I return to the Halo universe, and I am sure that I will, it will be in Reach - which is a far superior game to Halo 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment