Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gods Will Be Watching (Browser)

'Gods Will Be Watching' puts you in the position of a Captain trying to hold together the remnants of his crew, stranded on a virus infected planet, inhabited by hostile aliens. You have to ration your time and attention to keep everyone sane, warm and fed while also trying to save some action points to also fix a radio (your only way off this cankerous rock).

Resource management in gaming is nothing new, but GWBW uses it in a new way.

One of the other indie developers that I follow on Facebook posted a plea to help these guys with their indiegogo project, knowing their good taste and seeing what I think can be considered good graphics, I checked out the page and was happy to find their Lundum Dare 26 entry (which by the way got 2nd at the contest).

What I particularity like about it is it mood, claustrophobic and depressing, they only use this one frame and through the dialogues that you engage in, slowly a more story seeps out and it's everything I love about subtle sci-fi (as I like to call it).

I will definately be trying to work at this one - though it is pretty hard. I put it up there with 'Capsule' if you want to have a real good "Lost in Space Game Weekend"

You can play it here.
And support them on Indiegogo!

No comments:

Post a Comment