Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC)





















I wanted to restrain myself a little longer from buying Telltale's sequel to The Walking Dead for different reasons. One was that I wasn't too happy about how quickly the first Season came on sale, and some people got it at a steal in comparison to what I paid. Another was that I needed time to recover from what was for me, as a father of two, a very hard-hitting story and I could use the break.

Instead I opted for The Wolf Among Us - which is also great and not nearly so heavy (yet).

But after reading tons of great blurb about the 2nd episode of Season 2 (and then it came slightly on sale on Steam) I couldn't resist and I am glad I didn't: few games are this brutal and jarring. It's like someone punched your heart in the stomach.

Seeing Clementine again was already difficult for me there are so many memories tied to her - and then straight away without giving the player much time to even get over the very basic "tutorial" bit, Telltale comes out and makes it very clear that they aren't going to shy away from anything.... and I mean ANYTHING. If the first 20 minutes are a foreshadowing of what's to come, I might once again need another year to recover from this season....


No comments:

Post a Comment