Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Tallest Building & Renegade (Browser)





I decided to play a couple of the entries for the Cyberpunk GameJam which with almost 300 games is turning out some real gems. The Tallest Building is a challenging little shooter that puts you on a rising platform as you battle off beamed in baddies in waves... 

I really like the aesthetic and the colour scheme and the overall simplicity in the design - I just wish I was better at it!



Renegade is another good looking game. I was hoping that it played more like Savant Ascent but for a Jam entry its definitely great. It's more about planning and executing your moves perfectly. The signs and colours channel Blade Runner and the little bots reminded me of Batman: Digital Justice. The light bending was a nice touch too...very good looking game.

I love GameJam games, especially to unwind after the kids are in bed - each time you choose a new game you don't know how good its going to be but before long you find something worthy of your time. More often you find little games with something new and exciting...





No comments:

Post a Comment