Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Prison Architect (PC)


In Prison Architect you are going to be able to build, manage and maintain a high security prison - the game is still in Alpha. I had promised myself not to buy anymore games in Alpha - mostly because of what happened when I bought Cobalt, but this game is from Introversion Software (makers of Uplink, Defcon and Darwinia) so I am betting they are actually going to finish their game.


The game is in Alpha and full of bugs - of which we were warned of during their hilarious trailer (check it out on the Prison Architect page) and I found it almost unplayable at the moment, so like with Secrets of Raetikon I am only going to check in on this again when I hear of a substantial update.


Prison Architect has a chance to be more than just another "sim" game. I hope that they bring in a little more of the morality and business of modern prisons - as we have seen in games like Papers, Please and Castle Doctrine there is a place for games that touch on more complicated themes. As in those games Introversion has a chance to place the player in situations forcing them to make difficult and ambiguous moral decisions that might sometimes go against their own morals. I am hoping that Prision Architect reaches those lofty aspirations while maintaining a tight Prison building sim.


No comments:

Post a Comment