Tuesday, November 12, 2013

October : Torchlight II


I'm finding that one of my biggest problems as a gaming junkie (yes, I have finally decided that I am no longer simply an addict but it's full on junkie now....) is that I am constantly switching games, partially because I have hoarded all kinds of games and also because I somehow feel obligated to "test" games although that is not my job and I often find myself playing something I was pretty sure was going to be poor from the get go.

So, to combat these missteps and regain some control and hopefully have some fun - I choose to only play Torchlight II during October.

As my other attempts to fight back against my addiction (not getting an Xbox 360: failed, Halo 3 being my last Xbox 360 game: failed, giving up on online competitive gaming: failed, only buying 5 games in 2012: failed, cutting back on gaming in general in 2013: failed) this attempt failed too. I did play a lot of Torchlight - and I love that game - but without anyone to show my equipment to or friends to play with the game does really drag -  and I don't want to have to play with strangers.....urg.

I continued on, but I also poked around in the Ouya (MirrorMoon Ep), bought and "tested" a few games on the iPhone and iPad - and on Steam too. I had to get "The Wolf Among Us" and play straight away...but that was only 1 evening, so that barely counts, right? And Halloween distracted me some, as you can already see from my posts. Overall it was a good experiment though because I am slowly learning about what I want from a game and what I need from a game like this (people to play with). If they would just bring out the Mac version already I could convert some people I am sure.

I don't know if I will return to Torchlight in November. I would like to try Gone Home again, although it over-heated my graphics card and shut down my computer (!!!) and I am now playing Daily Challenges on Spelunky (dang it online Leaderboards got me again) - and I'd like to look into my XCom game again before I forget what I was doing.





No comments:

Post a Comment