Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Greedy Dwarf


Greedy Dwarf attracted me because of the centric-focused gravity-twisting that I thought would blend perfectly with simply controls that touch screens allow and with the endless runner genre. Unfortunately, Greedy Dwarf is not an Endless Runner and it breaks up the fun into little levels - which for me, ruined the fun. It did get me thinking about some other games though - and I went off looking for more Tempest-like, Super Hexagon-like and Star Fox-Like games.... as you can see in the following posts. I was interested in perspective, centric tunneling focus and maybe a 3d effect....funny how many games can fit into that category, suddenly they were popping up everywhere.

But this game wasn't one of them, it could have been so great - make it an endless runner, call it "Greedy Dwarf 2" and I am in, until them : deleted.


Not only can you twist the level to keep the dwarf on stable ground, but you can jump and jump to switch sides.....it gets pretty difficult pretty quick.


Nice little bit of level design and variety in the game too.


Seems simple: it's just the same, except I am on the ceiling....erm, it's not.


Camera changes and now you see the miner in his minecart from the side, time your jumps.....

No comments:

Post a Comment