Monday, December 2, 2013

Moku Fly & Scarlet (Browser / Freeware)

Moku Fly : A cat, flying a biplane over a river flowing through a canyon which is filled with cacti for some reason....oh and floating lasagna (at least that's whats I see) after playing a few rounds I found out that you can shoot (when that little circle on the back of the plane is yellow).

The circle or propeller at the back of the plane makes a good "power bar" and life bar....well done. Other speedy dodging games could make use of this so you don't have to look away from your vehicle to check the HUD. But, controlling with the mouse? That really sucks and I got over 7 million points while using my trackpad so I'm guessing the collisions are a little off. Not much to sink your teeth into. Wont have to play this again, but cute none the less.

You can play it here.

 Scarlet : Your girlfriend arrives home early from a conference and while she blabbers on about it (that's my character's point of view, not mine!) you run around the apartment hiding the evidence of your affair.

It's another game made for one of these 48-hour jams and and considering that it's pretty conceptual. It's really simple, but it does the job and makes it's point : you become the transgressor. I really enjoy games right now that put the player in difficult moral situations and this does that.

I would really like this one to develop into a full game (I even thought of the subtitle : "Deceit, Lies and Underwear"). In the full game it would be interesting to have more consequences for your actions, maybe you could also play a female story.

This version has a few strange issues, like objects twirling in the air for no reason and an ending which was criticized by some but I found it to be just dark humour and a quick way to finish off the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment