Sunday, December 1, 2013

Artibeus (Freeware)


My daughter woke from her nap to find me reading gaming news on Indiegames.com - she pointed at this game and said she wants to play it - so we checked it out together.


It's quite cute and very old school. You are a little bat who has to get fruit - so maybe a fruit bat? You use the arrow keys to fly around and gather up the fruit and avoid the enemies : eyeballs and spikey green things and later flying skeleton-serpents and swords. If you manage to get all the fruit then a door opens to the next level. Little details were quite nice in the game, fly over a magnet and the fruit wafts towards you and hit a bomb and it kills enemies in a radius. My favourite was the candle, hit this and the lights go out - and it's just you in "bat view" seeing the enemies and the fruit - I told my daughter its most definitely because bats can see better in the dark.


It seems that Stanislav Kostka, from Slovakia used Game Maker for this as well - I really am amazed at the polished quality people can get using that software. His pixel art shows real promise and I will keep an eye on him to see what he comes up with next. Here's the trailer :


Download Artibeus for free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment