Monday, September 2, 2013

Steam Greenlight Sale?! Oh Crap....

I tried to be really mature, show restraint and take into account that 80% of the games in my Steam Library (and I can surely call it that now) I haven't really played. But it's official, I am not a game addict - I am already a gaming junkie. It's not my fault...

Incredipede was an easy choice. The visuals are so intriguing I just had to play it. It was 50% off too I think, so it came to about €3,50 so it was a steal.

Papers Please was a little harder to decide on. Of course I want it, but it's pretty new and therefore wasn't reduced much, but after playing The Republika Times last week I have been so excited about this game; I just couldn't turn it down.

And that was it. See? I was being mature. Two games isn't bad. Geez....but then, the minute that the Greenlight sale ends, the deal of the day comes up : Skulls of the Shogun, 50% off.

Skulls of the Shogun is so cool. I played the demo on the Xbox but didn't really want to buy it on there, lest it be tied to my XBL Gold Account - (if I stop playing for Gold of they stop support for Xbox 360, good-bye games) But, now that it's out, safe, on Steam - sure that's a DRM in itself but Steam isn't going anywhere.... I had to get this. Leave me alone!

Here's my maturity, and maybe it's the beginning of some self-control on my part : I didn't buy Shelter. Sure I wanted too - I really want to play this, after watching one trailer I thought it was so excellent I should get it right away. Then I saw that it from Might and Delight, the guys that made Pid. Now I dont want to get into details here - but that was enough for me to be a little more cautious (that and a low metacritic score, and it was only 10% off) - So aren't I being good!?

I'll be playing at least 20 minutes into these games in the next week. So stay tuned! (Well, except for Shelter....)

No comments:

Post a Comment