Sunday, May 3, 2015

Krautscape (PC), Warlocks vs. Shadows (PC) & REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR (PC)

Tonight I took some time to checkout three games that I have been really looking forward to and have been sitting in my Steam library unplayed for too long. That ends now.

I present games from Switzerland, Poland and Japan..... (what an international smorgasbord of games)

Krautscape (PC)


Krautscape was something I had been looking forward to for a while. I think I became aware of this little gem from Mario Von Rickenbach of Switzerland while reading about another oddity "Mirage."

It's a kart racing game where the track is unfinished and the car in first place gets to choose what piece comes next. I thought this would be done over a simple Tetris piece-choosing system but it's actually done by driving on one of the three colours on the track while going though a gate, this chooses the next track piece automatically. There are also times when you are going to have to fold out your wings and fly over a missing track piece or maybe strategically try to skip a corner....

Unfortunately I can't comment too much on the gameplay since I only could play the tutorial and then couldn't find any players online to play with (*sob*) but I will definately dig this one out when I have some friends over for some split-screen action.

It's a good looking game but I haven't seen the great shading like in some of the promo screenshots or loops like in the promos - I guess I will have to wait and see. The physics did feel a little slippery but again, without having other racers to test it with I can't comment too much.



Warlocks vs. Shadows (PC)


Warlocks vs. Shadows, I am proud to say, is one of the only games that I have supported over Kickstarter. I think it's great and I only played about an hour. Choose your Warlock, use his abilities that are mapped to the four thumb buttons on your controller and stack up combos and eliminated waves of enemies - find loot, level up, go deeper. 

Another game made by an extremely small team; One More Level from Poland.

This should be a blast with 3 more people and I can't wait to give it a try with some friends on a couch. 




REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR (PC)


Revolver360 Re:Actor is a bullet hell shooter from Japan. It's hard as nails and filled with seizure inducing graphics and throbbing techno - as you would expect. The added twist here is that you can turn your perspective 360 to see different angles of enemies and bullets, line up enemies to create bigger combos or simply dodge that every growing umbrella of bullets by turning the screen sideways and making it only a line of bullets. Hard to explain....watch the trailer.



No comments:

Post a Comment