Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Never Alone [Kisima Ingitchuna] (PC)


I started playing "Never Alone" with my kids watching. It's a touching little fairy tale (so far) of a girl, with the help of a magical arctic fox, determined to find the source of an unrelenting blizzard and subsequent destruction of her village. Also it has a polar bear in it and my son loves anything that growls.

I've had this one on my wishlist since before it's release interested in the concept of the game and drawn in by the art style.


Along the way there are spirits that will help Nuna on her journey. You can play it as a single player game or as a two player cooperative - one being the fox, the other Nuna.


As you play an owl brings you "insights" which are videos which are almost like bonus content but are embedded in the game; interviews about the lifestyle, culture and history of the indigenous people of northern Alaska.


So far it's been a relaxing and very easy journey, but with the added content and the beautiful scenery I'll definitely be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment