Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Skulls of the Shogun (XBLA)


Played the demo for 'Skulls of the Shogun' on Xbox Live Arcade and was very surprised how good this game seems.The art-style is really good in some places but in other places it reminded me of a mobile game - maybe it was the combination of the font and some colour choices. If you aren't bothered by that though, you've found yourself a hilarious turn-based strategy game, with good strategy and a fun premise. Protect your General as he moves up the mountain of the afterlife. The background is more interactive then you'd think and you'll need to navigate the terrain to gain the upper hand - I was surprised when I first found out that you could bump enemies right off the cliff. The background was more interactive than I thought.

I do think though, that this would be a great fit on a tablet, and I hope to see it on my ipad at some point.

Update : I actually read now that this game is available on Windows Phones and Tablets, and can sync in between them all....pretty cool....too bad no one actually uses the Surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment